Good stuff; superb last line. Gotta say, I didn't expect this entire debacle to become Godwinized.
The only problem I have is with the premise - as hard as it may be to believe, Conan is quite possibly even less funny than Jay. Given that they both have wicked funny roots, I've always been amazed at how saccharine their shows are. Jaywalking and Headlines are the only funny things Jay does, and it's no surprise that they are the only "found" comedy bits on his show.
I was a Conan devotee a decade ago. I'm not sure exactly what or when it happened, but I think Conan stopped being funny once it became apparent (or official) that he would take over The Tonight Show. It was like he traded in his edge and irreverence for some imagined piousness needed for his new gig. That's why I haven't watched late night television in years now.
And Leno? I can't think of one thing he's ever done that I thought was funny.
4 comments:
Good stuff; superb last line. Gotta say, I didn't expect this entire debacle to become Godwinized.
The only problem I have is with the premise - as hard as it may be to believe, Conan is quite possibly even less funny than Jay. Given that they both have wicked funny roots, I've always been amazed at how saccharine their shows are. Jaywalking and Headlines are the only funny things Jay does, and it's no surprise that they are the only "found" comedy bits on his show.
I was a Conan devotee a decade ago. I'm not sure exactly what or when it happened, but I think Conan stopped being funny once it became apparent (or official) that he would take over The Tonight Show. It was like he traded in his edge and irreverence for some imagined piousness needed for his new gig. That's why I haven't watched late night television in years now.
And Leno? I can't think of one thing he's ever done that I thought was funny.
My favorite line is "I'd rather see an open mic with Stalin!"
i agree i do not think leno is funny. the only late show i will watch is david letterman
Post a Comment