Now that Jameson is into the old episodes, I'm getting to revisit the show. Watching them again with him is like having some sort of epiphany. Apparently I'm easily fascinated. Or I've had one too many Scooby Snacks.
Oct 15, 2009
Where Are You?
In all the years that I've been watching the various iterations of Scooby-Doo, I've never really paid any attention to the mystery formula of the show. Weird, huh? It's the same setup in every episode. You meet a few characters, a few red herring clues are revealed pointing to the wrong people and then the ghost/monster is ultimately unmasked, exposing the least likely suspect. Same thing every time. But I never watched the show trying to figure out who the villain was. I guess I liked it for the chase scenes, lame slapstick and the laugh track.
Now that Jameson is into the old episodes, I'm getting to revisit the show. Watching them again with him is like having some sort of epiphany. Apparently I'm easily fascinated. Or I've had one too many Scooby Snacks.
Now that Jameson is into the old episodes, I'm getting to revisit the show. Watching them again with him is like having some sort of epiphany. Apparently I'm easily fascinated. Or I've had one too many Scooby Snacks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can count the number of times I've watched Scooby Doo on one hand. How have you never caught the mystery formula? I guess you aren't as smart as I give you credit for :)
OK, I knew about the mystery formula, I just ignored it as I watched the episodes. It's COMPLICATED, Chatter!
Scooby Doo is the bomb
I hope you don't have the same realization about Law & Order some day and remain blissfully ignorant.
Also, note that the people who write House base every single episode on the Scooby Doo formula.
As does Monk.
Post a Comment