Jun 1, 2010

Tennessee - A 3 Part Miniseries (2)

A photographic recap of our family trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains.

Part 1 - Cabin Life


Part 2 - Gatlinburg

There are countless touristy things to do in Gatlinburg and nearby Pigeon Forge, but the main thing we got around to was a visit to Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies. The aquarium was excellent (voted number one aquarium in the U.S. according to TripAdvisor.com.) We also got the obligatory "Old Time" photo. And Kip threw away a few dollars on "Earthquake! The Ride." Seriously, Kip, I expect better from you. Why don't you come to the pool with me this weekend and I'll charge you twelve bucks to go on "Flood! The Ride." And then you can stick your head out the window while I drive you down the highway for "Tornado! The Ride."


PICT8681
When I roll with my kids I roll deep.



PICT8729"And if you don't do what mommy says, the sharks will come get you."



PICT8730"OMG!"



PICT8741Always the pensive one.



PICT8768Kid friendly exhibits! Righteous!



PICT8771The puffer fish. Always my favorite.



PICT8776To this day, old school diving equipment always reminds me of the opening credits of Scooby Doo, Where Are You!



PICT8778Creepy. Cool.



Old Time KidsWow. Amelia looks like she's actually busted a few caps in her day.

2 comments:

LiLu said...

"When I roll with my kids I roll deep."

I am DYING. Hilarious!

Caroline said...

If anyone in that Good Kids Gang has busted caps, it's DEFINITELY Amelia!