Mar 15, 2012

Full Metal Stand Mixer

This is my mixer. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My mixer is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my mixer is useless. Without my mixer, I am useless. I must add my ingredients true. I must blend smoother than my neighbor, who is trying to out-bake me. I must cream the butter and sugar before I add the eggs. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my mixer and myself are defenders of my kitchen, we are the masters of our recipes, we are the saviors of my desserts. So be it, until there is no hunger, but peace. Amen.


[apologies to Stanley Kubrick]



Staying home to be a full time caregiver for the last three years may have warped my mind. Just a little.

3 comments:

Charity Donovan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

As I so often do, I must call upon the great words of Jimmy Buffett: "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."

Something about that heavy stainless steel is rather grounding, isn't it???

James said...

The caffeine is a given, Charity!

Isn't that the truth, Mandy?