Aug 9, 2011

Sketch #5

Well, I've fallen off the wagon with a couple of New Year's Resolutions, namely my plan to sketch something new every week and to watch at least one 80s movie every week. Now the following isn't a sketch in the traditional sense of the word, but since I'm so far behind on my resolution I'm going to count it anyway. I made this on the ever useful Aviary website. It was for a t-shirt I made for Amelia. She used to have a shirt emblazoned with several Dia de los Muertos calaveras which she referred to as her "zombie shirt." I'm pretty sure it was her favorite shirt. Until she ruined it. With scissors. (She has a history with scissors...) So I made this, printed it on dark t-shirt transfer paper (the greatest stuff ever) and ironed it onto a new shirt. It might not be as cool as her original zombie shirt, but I like it. Coming up with a design for the skull was hard. I now have a much greater appreciation for the awesome calavera artwork out there. 


I don't usually (as in never) dress Truman and Amelia in matching outfits,
but I went ahead and made a t-shirt for Truman, too.