Jun 19, 2011

The Day of the Fathers

My Father's Day gift came on Saturday this year. (Sunday will be for the cards, cologne and cookouts.) The truly awesome gift I got, facilitated by one exceptional (and very pregnant) wife, was extra time spent with each of my kids, one on one.

Darwin and I kicked off the day with a trip downtown for breakfast at the farmers market. After that, Amelia and I hit the bookstore, went shopping for some newborn clothes for Baby Tiny and then took a park stroll. Next, I whisked Truman off to the library to read a dozen or so books and participate in weekend craft time. Lastly, Jameson and I hit the preeminent miniature golf course in southwest Ohio for a round of 18. All this with dinner waiting on the table when I got home.

Yeah, we ate sandwiches that were bigger than our heads.

There was no doubt that some of Amelia's time with Dad would be spent outdoors.

I love you, Dad, but please STOP taking pictures.

Jameson's second hole-in-one for the day.

If a statue is looking off into the distance,
you must take a picture of yourself imitating said statue.
No exceptions.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get a better camera or are you taking better photos. The focus is so clear and the detail so rich.

-Curt

Becoming Supermommy said...

What a great way to send Father's Day. :)

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That is an awesome father's day gift! And what cool pictures, to boot!

Hope you have a great Sunday, too!

Johanna said...

You are a great dad... and a great photographer, too. :) Happy Father's Day!

Trike said...

Jeez, stop with the gorgeous photos of the beautiful children already. You're making everyone else look bad, dude.

Curt, he's still using his trusty Minolta. This is why I always bought Minolta film cameras. Too bad Minolta couldn't make a go of it with their merger with Konica. As you can see, even their older digital cameras take photos as good as today's top-of-the-line models. Now they're owned by Sony, who hasn't done them justice. (I actually think all of the K-M tech issues were caused by Sony parts and they did it on purpose to buy the company.)

If I recall correctly, James' camera is only 6 megapixels, which just goes to show size doesn't matter. It's what you do with it. I mean, just look at the clarity, and the awesome bokeh of the OOF areas!

Hoolie said...

I'm glad your "dad day" was what you were expecting. You are the best dad, and they are lucky to have you.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Love the gazebo shot!!!