Jan 24, 2011

Secrets of a Stay at Home Dad

So how does a stay at home dad with three year old multiples stay on top of things? With child labor, that's how. If they can pick up a sponge, there is no reason not to put their mess making little keisters to work. It's a win-win situation: they get their character built and I get a clean house while I'm checking Facebook.

Kids crave structure and responsibility and household chores provide both. There's a sense of accomplishment that comes from a floor off which you can eat. And believe me, if anyone knows about eating off of floors, it's my kids.

Don't worry, it's not like this is slave labor. I pay my kids a lucrative salary of Goldfish crackers with an annual performance bonus of Dum-Dum Pops.










7 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Ohh aren't they cute!!! =) Hehe

Melanie's Randomness

Trike said...

I have mops. Come visit.

1 Special Family said...

Perfect! I just wish I had learned this lesson earlier!

Rebecca said...

I'm so with you...every time they start acting like heathens, I give them a "job" and they love it. They fall right in line and I get a breather. Some people might call it brainwashing, but I call it advanced planning!

Love the pictures...they are the most adorable helpers!!!

Portland Dad said...

Way to use the tools you have

Pity said...

seems fair to me - cute pics

Chatter said...

They are getting SO big!!!! And as far as chores go - start em early :)