Aug 24, 2010

Phase 2 Has Begun

It's a big day for us.

Our first baby, long past his baby days, heads off to school for the first time.

Our youngest (and dare I say last?) baby officially sheds the baby title as he marks the end of his first year.

Whew.  I feel older just typing that.

The plan is to leave Darwin with my mother-in-law, drop the twins off with my sister and then Julie and I will take Jameson to his first day of school.

Immediately afterwards we'll head to the closest bar (yes, in the middle of the day) to celebrate our good fortune.  Or cry in our beers.  Or both.

5 comments:

sulks said...

Immediately afterwards we'll head to the closest bar (yes, in the middle of the day) to celebrate our good fortune.

I fully expected that sentence to finish with..
Immediately afterwards we'll head home (yes in the middle of the day) to make another one.

But, lord knows what will happen after you finish at the bar, right?

Congratulations! Here's hoping you can keep up with all the homework/homestudy he'll be bringing home..

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with sulks. I too was expecting "we'll head home to try for baby no.5". Lol. Hope the first day was fun & exciting!! See ya soon. Oh, and your it!
Chandra

James said...

That's not to say that at least one of these kids happened that way...

Catastrophe Waitress said...

But what happened??!
I bet you were both crying like babies.

Cheryle said...

And - I promise you this! - it won't get any easier when #1 is starting college and the baby is starting high school.

Except, perhaps, for the part about celebrating your good fortune; do you know how expensive college will be by then? (Just thought I'd cheer you up.)