Jul 30, 2010

I'm Not Surprised. At All.


I recently mentioned that snoozing on the at-home parent job can lead to problems.  (See #5.)  Well, of course, my comment about hair being cut turned out to be prophetic.  Less than two weeks later, a certain Miss Amelia took advantage of a moment of lax supervision to experiment with cutting her own hair.  I knew it was going to happen sooner or later and Amelia did not disappoint.  The funny thing is, her new haircut completely fits her personality.  Yes, it's a little ridiculous looking, but she's quite proud of her handiwork and it's now a constant reminder of the independent little teenager I'm raising.  Too bad she won't actually be a teenager for another decade.

So proud of herself.

If I hadn't caught her in the act, I'm sure much more hair would be gone.

Celebrating her achievement with some cold milk.
(Yes, in a Budweiser glass.)

Whenever she's asked what she did to her hair, she simply replies, "It's beautiful."

It's too bad she didn't start with the kid who actually needs a haircut.
Coulda saved me a trip to the barber.

5 comments:

wesley's mom (sue) said...

There was a period of several years when even the nail scissors in our house had to be kept under lock and key.

Chatter said...

That is hilarious and definitely fitting for Miss A!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing at her "it's beautiful" comment.

Keel

sulks said...

she looks like she could be a singer in an [indie] rock band..

James said...

Rock star could definitely be in her future.