Jan 13, 2010

Christmas - Round 3

More Christmas pictures!

Yes, I know it's January 13th. Back off.

So this is round three of the Christmas partying. This one took place at our house the night of Christmas and included local relatives from both of my parents' families. This is the first year we decided to have it at our house -- which turned out to be a very wise decision. Normally we would have spent the evening running around someone else's house trying to make sure that everything not made out of oak or steel wasn't destroyed by our curious but meatheaded offspring. Then, by about 9:00, we would have several napless children fully warmed up for the Winter Tantrum Olympics. In the best interest of all, we would rush to load everyone (and everything) into the car and make our escape before the opening ceremonies commenced.

This year, on our home turf, the kids had free rein during the party and we actually got to relax somewhat. Anything within toddler reach at our house is either already broken or not worth saving. Plus, once bedtime hit, the kids could be disposed of and we could get back to enjoying adult company -- a Christmas gift indeed.

There was also supposed to be a Christmas - Round 4 up on my aunt and uncle's farm, but Truman put an end to that plan when he vomited profusely in his car seat about an hour into the trip. But that's another story. A very disgusting story.

To see all of the Christmas pictures, click on any of these photos to go directly to my Flickr pages.

PICT7527 (1)Not one lump of coal received among the bunch.



PICT7549 (1)Who needs a lifelike doll baby when you can have your very own Truman!



PICT7553 (1)Jenga is so 1997.



PICT7565 (1)My contribution to the gag gift pool was chocolate covered crickets.
Yum. Until you get a leg caught in your teeth.



PICT7567 (1)Doug still has mad Space Invaders skillz.
(I'll take on anyone in Asteroids.)



PICT7571 (1)Great Uncle Ron laying down some beats in Rock Band.
Sorry we didn't have the Glenn Miller Orchestra track pack.



PICT7579 (1)The "Catchphrase" judges panel.

11 comments:

sulkygirl said...

one photo where the human is cuter than the pups.. them some snaggley looking pups there James.. they related to you?

Urchin said...

Looks like fun times! Sometime we'll have to get all the great-grandkids together for a rockin' Christmas bash.

Amber

James said...

Hey now, those pooches are related!

James said...

Are you camping this year, Amber?

Charity Donovan said...

Holidays at your own home are priceless! I love not having to DRAG my crew around & then the freedom of not having to worry about them destroying someone's house is incredible!

Charity Donovan said...

Holidays at your own home are priceless! I love not having to DRAG my crew around & then the freedom of not having to worry about them destroying someone's house is incredible!

wesley's mom (sue) said...

Chocolate covered crickets! Excellent. I'm making a note so I remember that one for our family exchange this year.

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I think nice post. Expressly the designation attracted me to read the sound story.

the projectivist said...

i second what Anonymous said.

oh.
and can you please send me Truman?
that child is just so damn cute!

my name is Amanda said...

Ah, I am SO BEHIND with the blogging as well. Not just in writing - my G-reader is busting at the seams.

I found time to enjoy these pics, however!

Trike said...

I have the pursed lips of intense concentration. Protecting the world against invisible aliens is hard work.

Projectivist -- be careful what you wish for. Truman is indeed the cutest boy in noble Christendom, but the facade is there to lure in unsuspecting adults. He has a wicked thing or two up his sleeve and on his mind.