Oct 10, 2009

Knee High Ninjas

Truman and Amelia have mastered the art of completely destroying a room in a matter of seconds. They're done before you realize they've started. It's like dropping Mentos in a two liter of Diet Coke. Pow! You don't even have time to react. I can turn my back for a matter of seconds only to find that the twins have turned a room upside down. I don't even know how it's possible. These are the kind of skills that can normally only be attained through years of training in secret mountain sanctuaries. ("We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.")

This "talent" of theirs may be what drives me to the edge. I can have a completely spotless living room one minute and in the time it takes me to sneeze I'll find every single puzzle piece in the house has made its way to the once barren floor. How do they do it? Some kind of reverse Mary Poppins magic? Am I the victim of the old I Dream of Jeannie time stoppage? I don't remember this happening when Jameson was two. Well, whatever it is, it's maddening.

And don't bother trying to clean up behind them. That just leaves the rest of the house exposed to their villainy. Talk about sisyphean.

These ninjas are going to be the death of me.

4 comments:

the projectivist said...

but they're so damn CUTE, those children of yours. please purchase them some little ninja masks!

we've just finished school holidays here. my son was allowed to have a friend sleep over and top of their to-do list was Mentos and coke. ahhh the simple things are often the most fun!

Pearl said...

It's a young man's game, James.
:-)

Pearl

p.s. Hope you've enjoyed the kid-free night!

Trike said...

Karma is a bitch.

Chatter said...

While cleaning the "morning mess" upstairs Biruk managed to shred his pbj sandwich in the kitchen and throw it everywhere. When will I learn?