Aug 5, 2009

Washable Is a Relative Term

Update on Amelia's graffiti...

The good news is that it was a washable marker. The bad news is that it's washable powers were useless on our cheap, watered down, contractor's paint that's been on our walls since the house was built. A little water and a paper towel rubs off the wall paint with very little pressure. (Even the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser fails.) The marker is pretty much soaked into the drywall and nothing can remove it. Half the house has been repainted and this particular area was next on my list anyway, so I guess it's not that big of deal. It's in a fairly inconspicuous location, too. And at least Amelia wasn't being deliberately destructive -- she was extremely proud and couldn't wait to show me her "artwork."

Yeah, that's what I'll tell visitors that notice it. It's artwork.



1 comment:

Jules said...

Yeah, washable paint isn't so washable as it is fade-able, I've found out.