Aug 26, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome...

OK, sorry about all the suspense. When I made that last post, I was fully expecting to make a quick follow up post with some new pictures and the baby's official new name. Somehow, the day quickly got away from us. (Hmmm, how did that happen?)

So, without further ado, I give you: Darwin Santiago. (Yes, that's his real name.) And while it's a name potentially slathered with meaning, irony and symbolism (you can draw your own conclusions), it's really just the best name for our new little guy.

(And it's only a few letters away from Dougwina. Sorry, Doug, that's the best we could do.)


While this may look like Julie is telling me to buzz off, she's actually waving at the camera. I just happened to freeze the exact wrong moment of the wave.




It was a smooth delivery and Darwin did so well, right from the beginning.




7 lbs. 12 oz.



The kid's got some pipes.




Mom was convinced she was carrying a girl. This is the face she makes when she realizes she's been the victim of a nine month hoax.





Don't worry, Darwin, the beard is coming off.




Jameson is super, super, super, super, super excited. Really.



Man, this family is getting big.



Welcome to the world, Darwin.

11 comments:

Chatter said...

Welcome to the family Darwin!! I can't wait to meet you.

Congratulations again J & J! He's very precious and I can relate to thinking you are carrying a girl for nine months and the wonderful surprise of yet another son. The joys of boys, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hugs to all!
love, Chandra

Jules said...

Awwww! What great pics! Congratulations!!!

Charity Donovan said...

Love the name!!!! What a BEAUTIFUL baby boy -- it fits him PERFECTLY!!!!

Trike said...

You know what's really weird? I actually knew you were going to name him Darwin, and almost said so out loud. But I figured the "Cook" thing was funnier.

The lesson is repeated: always go with your first instinct. (Although if I had actually posted Darwin, you prolly woulda gone with Cook.

Trike said...

)

Anonymous said...

Great name J&J...I absolutely love it. I can't wait to meet him. Thanks again for posting all of the pics, I'm sure your free time is limited these days.

Keel

Alyson (New England Living) said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby.

Caroline said...

Actually, if you can ignore the missing "U" typically expected in the name Dougwina, you can rearrange Darwin Santiago to be (drum roll please):

Dogwina Sinatra

He'll always be Dogwina Sinatra to me.

Regardless of which name you use, welcome to him and congrats to the rest of the family!

Anonymous said...

awwww I love the name too - and can't wait to meet him as well! congrats James and Julie!

pity

James said...

Thanks guys. He can't wait to meet all of you, too.

So Doug, how did you know?

Caroline, that is impressive.

cake. said...

ah! great name cute baby.