Jul 13, 2009

Spoons, Dirt and Naked Butts

As promised, I took a several rolls of pictures at the family reunion. Ha, ha. Do they even sell rolls of film anymore? OK, I took one very large memory card full of pictures. Over 300 photos, actually. Which I whittled down to 101 for my Flickr album.


We always look forward to the annual reunion...


...because it means we get to lay out by the pool.

PICT3252




...because it's easy to find partners for card games.

PICT3192
Jameson's first victim.


PICT3284
No reunion is complete without a spirited game of "spoons."


PICT3285
Kyle, you might be quicker than your brother, but you're still not bigger.


PICT3198
Hayley thought "War" might be fun with Jameson...


PICT3200
...until she realized he has his own "rules."




...because there's no shortage of cool playground equipment.

PICT3078
Regina got in on the action.


PICT3081


PICT3124


PICT3130


PICT3140


PICT3080
By the end of the day, Regina decided her babysitting fees would be "charged by the mile."




...because getting dirty is encouraged.

PICT3122
"Really!? I can get as dirty as I want!?"


PICT3089


PICT3106


PICT3112


PICT3161


PICT3169
"This means I don't have to take a bath later, right?"




...because we get to see so many great cousins, aunts and uncles!

PICT3301


PICT3220
Big kids know all the best ways to get in trouble.


PICT3316


PICT3229
Hey, it's a favorite great aunt that lives in Tennessee.


PICT3185


PICT3235
When in doubt, just remember that Ohio State gear is always appropriate dress for the reunion.


PICT3191


PICT3069




Oh yeah ...and because we get to pester aunts that read blogs but never comment.

PICT3194


Click here to see the full album.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might regret telling me to comment. James those are some good pictures. I enjoy reading your blog to keep up on things going on. Thanks alot. From your Favorite aunt Marcia

Jules said...

Great pics! It looks like EVERYONE had a good time!!!

Jay Ferris said...

Why aren't there more adult-sized playgrounds out there. Come to think of it, how come whenever I'm nude in public, charges are brought against me? Age discrimination!

Charity Donovan said...

I wish my family reunion was so fun...mine would be a bunch of pics of people sneaking glances at their watches! LOL!!!

I cannot believe how BIG the twins look in this pics!!!

Chatter said...

Another missed year. Why must we live so damn far away. Glad you encouraged Marcia to FINALLY comment. I love it! Wish I could have been there. Great pictures, it looks fun!

James said...

Marcia - I can't imagine you not commenting.

Jules - Good time all around. Especially the ride home with three sleeping kiddos.

Jay - Seriously. Since when has a little naked playground fun harmed anyone???

Charity - You have no idea how old they seem. Well, yes, you actually do. Times two.

Chatter - You gotta move at least one state closer. I vote for Tennessee. The Murphy's already have a foothold there.

pity said...

very nice pictures, thanks for sharing...wish i could have been there

amindinmotown said...

The photos in that tube are THE cutest! Especially the dirty feet.

Trike said...

I see Jameson learned cards from you.