Jul 13, 2009

How Old Are Your Ears?

As you get older, the range of sounds that you can hear gets smaller and smaller. Eventually, very high frequency sounds become completely inaudible to your decrepit old eardrums. Teenagers exploit this limitation by setting their cellphone tones to these higher frequencies that only they can hear thus being able to receive email and text message alerts with teachers and other adults being none the wiser.

So how old are your ears? See my results and the link to the test below.


You can still hear reasonably well and you can play this without my old fart colleagues hearing it which makes you feel kinda good.

The highest pitched ultrasonic mosquito ringtone that you can hear is 15.8kHz
Find out which ultrasonic ringtones you can hear!

1 comment:

wesley's mom (sue) said...

My kids have that ringtone. They think it's soo hilarious that I can't hear it.

Me? I don't find it so funny. Apparently my sense of humor is fading along with my hearing.