So I've already officially bowed out of one of the two fantasy football leagues in which I participate and unless I can find a co-owner who doesn't have a pregnant wife, I may have to drop out of the other one. Which brings me to my community service: I've benevolently decided to start a parents only fantasy football league this year. To accommodate the fathers (and mothers) out there that may be giving up on their fantasy football hopes and dreams, my league will use an online draft (Yahoo!) and will start at night after kiddy bedtimes. Say hello to the After Bedtime Football League. It's the least I can do for all you hardworking moms and dads out there that more than deserve the obnoxious, addictive joy that is fantasy football.
Here are the details:
- It is a 12 team head-to-head league (two divisions) open to any and all parents. First come, first served up until all spots have been filled. If you yourself are not interested, please spread the word.
- If spots are available with less than a week until draft time, remaining spots will be made available to you non-reproducers.
- The draft will be held on September 1st at 8:45 PM Eastern.
- There is no fee to join, but if it goes well this year, maybe next year we'll "make it interesting."
- If you are not available for the draft, you can pre-rank your players and let the computer draft for you.
- If you are interested or have any questions, email me at the address listed to the right.