May 24, 2009

Rare Occasion

It's 8:30. All the kids are in bed. The house is clean. The dishes are done. The laundry is caught up. OK, that last part isn't true. The laundry is never caught up. But close enough. So Julie and I will spend it in the most romantic way we know possible. We'll pull out the sofa bed in the living room, rent a movie and try not to fall asleep before it's over.

Tonight's film was Slumdog Millionaire. Not bad. A decent love story and pretty solid acting. And major bonus points for throwing in the traditional Bollywood musical scene during the credits. It's probably the best film I've seen this year. My movie viewing is actually way up this year. It's a busy summer in terms of Hollywood blockbusters and I plan on seeing all of them. So far I've managed to squeeze in Wolverine, Star Trek and Terminator. The whole idea of blockbuster films kinda works in my viewing favor since they typically have midnight openings during the week. That means I can get the kids to bed, get some work done (or catch a quick nap) and then sneak off to a late night movie. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, that sounds pretty pathetic. I'm sneaking off to movies in the middle of the night. Shitty Hollywood blockbuster movies at that. Well, whatever. I kick ass.

2 comments:

WoodHugger said...

Did you see in the news where one of the child actors in Slumdog had his cardboard home (and neighborhood) bull-dozed by the government in anticipation of the wet season in India? I guess they don't make much money in Indian films.

James said...

I'd heard something like that. Good to know my $5.00 is contributing to their exploitation.