May 19, 2009

Grandma's House

We went back over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a cookout Sunday. The weather was nice, though a touch on the cool side. The kids had fun as usual. I guess it was an unofficial going away party for my sister, Emily, who is leaving for camp in a little over a week. I'm not exactly sure why, but while we were there Jameson got to plant a small garden in the back yard. And again I'm not exactly sure why, but Jameson surrounded said garden with sticks shoved into the soil. Lots of sticks. Maybe it's to keep the rabbits out? In person it looks like some sort of ceremonial burial ground. I snapped a few photos (shocking, I know).


This little two foot by four foot garden probably has enough seeds in it to cover a quarter acre.
Notice the stick "fence."
Less than an hour later Jameson wanted to "check on the seeds."




Curt climbing a tree while his number one fan watches.



Which of course leads to his number one fan climbing a tree.



The random spider that was greeting us at the garage door when we returned tonight.
Very cool markings on his back.
I wish I'd gotten a better shot.

4 comments:

Trike said...

Curt the Death-defying Monkey King is prolly not the best role model for young boys.

Have I ever told you the story about Halloween in the Oregon District...?

James said...

I don't think I've heard that one... so put it in the queue for the next family get together.

Chatter said...

Conner has been obsessed with gardens too lately. He calls our flower bed his garden. Gotta run. Call me when you are home next!

cake. said...

ahh! that spider!