Jul 17, 2008

There's a Sucker Born Every Minute

It looks like another poor sap has been suckered into thinking it would be a good idea to bring a new life into the world. I'm not sure what lures people into this trap. Maybe it's the old Welch's Grape Juice commercials. (Who gives a three year old dark purple grape juice in a glass cup with no lid? Seriously.) Maybe it's the Baby section at Gap. It's certainly not my blog.

Well, the latest fool is my best friend from childhood, Jim, pictured below (him on the left, me on the right). I never imagined the day that both of us would be responsible for the care, nurturing and upbringing of little humans. Looking at this picture, many people might have imagined a loft apartment in San Francisco was more likely to be in our future than kids. (By the way, who the hell was cutting our hair back then?)

Well, I took the procreative plunge first and now I've got three kids. That hasn't scared him off and now there's no turning back. I guess I have no choice but to support him. Sigh. Another one bites the dust.

Seriously, congratulations Jim and Liz. Being a parent is awesome. (Mostly.)

(Stop by their blog here, and wish them luck!)

2 comments:

Charity Donovan said...

Hey...look on the bright side...you could have had a tail & lines shaved into your hair. I'm thinkin' you guys are looking pretty good! Congrats to your friend...dun...dun... dun...& another one down & another one down & another one bites the dust!

Trike said...

Holy canoli, Jimmy has kids?! In my brain he is perpetually 10 years old. (This despite the fact that I know he's taller than I am.)