Jul 2, 2008

Playground Envy

These nice folks, Ward and June, also have infant boy/girl twins and Julie and I have followed their blog for some time now. I forget how exactly I found them (Guided by Voices, maybe?), but I remember being hooked early on by talk of some super sweet playground they were going to build for their (not even old enough to walk yet) kids.

Well they've started building it. And it's going to be super sweet. And I'm super jealous.

Check out the neighbor's store bought play equipment in the first photo. The thing looks like it's going to fall over simply out of shame. See the full blog post here. Ward is getting some major cool points from me and probably every kid (and plenty of dads) in a 15 mile radius of this architectural beauty. And I'm sure in 5 to 10 years he'll get major cool points from his own kids.


2 comments:

Charity Donovan said...

Oh my husband will not be happy with you. He's a carpenter & I think I just came up with a new summer project for daddy! Oh who am I kidding...he loves any excuse to get outside in the solitude for 1/2 hour...he'll love this idea!

Ward and June said...

Wow, I am totally flattered... and I didn't even want to build the silly thing. I will have to post more pictures soon as tower one has become a pirate ship as well.