May 9, 2008

Run, James, Run!

As some of you may know, I ran my first half marathon last September. As many of you know, we had twins a month later. That race in September was pretty much the last real physical activity I did. Nearly eight months I've been dormant. And it shows. It shows in my energy level, in my eating habits, in my mood and certainly in my waistline. It's got to stop, because right now I'm on my way to getting my own Discovery Health Channel miniseries. And there's no time like the present, especially since Julie is due to get pregnant again any day now.

So, my loyal readership, you're hearing it here first. I'm lacing up the running shoes once again. At the very least I'm going to run the U.S. Air Force Half Marathon again and beat my previous time by at least 13 minutes.

Want to join me? It's September 20th in Dayton, Ohio at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Not the half marathon type? You also have your choice of marathon, 10k or 5k. There's even a team event. You know, they say it's easier to achieve goals together. Or misery loves company. Or whatever.

In the meantime, I'll be sure to keep you posted on my agonizing progress and hopefully I'll be able to convey to you my complete disdain for running. Peace out.

2 comments:

Chatter said...

Good luck! Running sounds really nice right now. Maybe because I can barely walk up the stairs without being out of breath. Not too much longer and I will be able to exercise again. Enjoy the run!

blah blah blah said...

James my man, you've inspired our household to get back in shape and run. Or at least to talk about getting back in shape and running.

Thanks.