Apr 16, 2008

Lonely Dad

Somehow I had managed to get out of traveling for work for nearly a year now. I knew my luck would eventually run out and now here I am, alone, in a cookie cutter hotel room in Rhode Island at the Double Courtyard Plaza Inn or whatever. I had convinced myself that the quiet room and uninterrupted sleep would be a blessing. Not so much. I think everything in this room is some shade of tan. The lighting is adequate, but not bright. With the TV off, the only sounds are the faint din of some nearby traffic and me typing on my laptop. The bed is comfy but empty. Quite frankly, this room is lifeless. No, it's worse. It's life sucking. It makes me realize how much my family is quite the opposite. My wife and kids are invigorating. A source of energy. Luckily, it's only a few days.

I miss my clan.

5 comments:

Hoolie said...

We all miss you here too, Dad! Tonight, my aunt stayed with us to help me with bedtime, and I must say that I can tell how much we have developed thick skin for crying babies. Every time a baby would cry, she found it hard to let them cry even though I had asked her just to focus on JJ. We have our routines pretty well practiced that it's hard adjusting to bedtime without Dad.

Chatter said...

That's sweet James. If it were me I'd have my feet up, the tube on and pizza ordered and wishing I could drink a beer. Are you crazy?

Kirst said...

chatter we're too much alike

James said...

Oh, whatever Chan. Like you can stand to be away from your boys for 5 minutes!!!

blah blah blah said...

Sorry you have to be away from your family and vice versa and then Truman goes and starts talking while your away! You aren't even going to recognize them when you get back probably.