Mar 10, 2008

So Called Blizzard

Yes, we got lots of snow this past weekend. But I don't know if I'd call it a blizzard. We probably got a total of 14 inches of snow from Friday morning through Saturday evening. I guess it was pretty bad as it was coming down, but by Sunday afternoon we were able to pack up the kids and spend the day going to various open houses. By today, the roads were completely clear and most of the yard was visible again. Anyway, it was the most snow we've had all year and it was fun while it lasted. This was the first time Jameson and I really got to go out and play in the snow for any significant amount of time and that alone was worth it. I love the snow, but with St. Patrick's day a week away, I'm ready for Spring.


The trusted family minivan wasn't going anywhere on Saturday.



The snow drifts were chest high in places.



My neighbor's truck. (I just needed a darker backdrop to capture the falling snow.)



Our flower garden. It's there. I promise.



The blowing snow made for some interesting snow drifts.



The snow was very powdery and the wind was strong, so I guess that's partly why there was such a fuss over this storm.



Jameson gathering the necessary tools...



"Let's do this."



"There isn't enough life on this ice cube to fill a space cruiser!"



Digging out the fort.



"If I die before we reach the top, promise me you'll use my body as an alternative source of food."



Another brick in the wall.



I pulled the camera away just in time to take a snow block to the head.



The neighborhood looks much better covered in snow...



It was beautiful while it lasted. Now it's a muddy mess.



All that time in the snow makes for some rosy cheeks.

1 comment:

blah blah blah said...

I am so jealous, all we ever get is ice and freezing rain. It's been about five years since it really snowed.