Mar 30, 2008

Apocalypse - Sign #1

This is from a show called Yo Gabba Gabba. It's the one show on Noggin that I actually objected to Jameson watching. As far as television goes, Noggin is about as good as it gets. It's entirely commercial free, geared towards preschoolers, and has many creative, educational and entertaining programs. And thanks to Noggin (and Moose A. Moose) few parents of toddlers don't know that flowers are the smelliest, rain's the umbrelliest and buttons are the belliest. However, the producers of Yo Gabba Gabba are all clearly on acid and/or peyote.

Since my initial introduction to the show, I've actually learned to appreciate the creativity of Yo Gabba Gabba. Still, this particular clip frightens me. For those of you who have never seen Yo Gabba Gabba, especially those who haven't been exposed to preschool television since the days of trippy Sesame Street counting animations, this might rock your world. It is clearly a sign that the apocalypse is upon us.

6 comments:

blah blah blah said...

Wow. I had no idea stuff life that was out there.

blah blah blah said...

Where's the bread?

Is there a song about what happens after the party?

-June

James said...

I think they're working on the follow up single.

There's an after-party in my potty!
So smelly! So smelly!
There's an after-party in my potty!
So smelly! So smelly!

Corn, do you want to go to the after-party in my potty? Yeah!
Peanuts, do you want to go to the after-party in my potty? Yeah!

There's an after-party in my potty!
So smelly! So smelly!
There's an after-party in my potty!
So smelly! So smelly!


Yes. I just crossed the line.

The Reluctant Suburbanite said...

OMG!!!!!!! Can I just tell you my girls LOVE that show. When my hubby and I first saw it, we had the same thoughts. What was being smoked at the time of production? I guessed LSD, since pot didn't seem potent enough unless it was laced with something?? But I got used to it and find it amusing now. AND, we sing the "nap time" song all the time and the "Dance" one is the favorite. (I like your follow up single. It sounds like a hit.) I have told all my friends (including ones with no kids) about this show. I feel like nobody has seen it but me. I thought for awhile that maybe I was the one on LSD and making the show up in my mind. I'm glad I'm not the only parent that has experienced this.

blah blah blah said...

http://brobee.blogspot.com/

I say you send your song idea to them and see what happens.

-June

Trike said...

I am all freak out. Sincerely.