Sep 12, 2007

It's Been Hectic

It's been awhile since the last blog, but with good reason. The pregnancy, the house, the race, the two year old and life in general have kept me extremely busy. Things really got thrown out of whack a couple weeks ago when Julie had to go the hospital because of labor pains. We hadn't even hit the 24-week mark, so it was way, way, way too early for these twins to be arriving. After a night in the hospital, lots of tests and a fair amount of worrying, Julie was dismissed with little more than advice to take it easy. As stressful as it was, I cannot complain one bit about the outcome. Thank God the babies didn't come that day. The good news now is we're now approaching 26 weeks and while less than ideal, early labor would have much different implications than it did the day we went to the hospital. We're not in the clear yet (Julie's being tested for gestational diabetes tomorrow), but I'm growing more and more confident that she's going to make it to at least 37 weeks (full term). It's stressful, but each week seems like another milestone.

On the house front, we've been on the market for over a month and a total of two people have seen our house.  I'd say there's a 5% chance we're moving this year and I'd put the over/under date somewhere in March of 2008.  I'm looking forward to moving, but I can't complain. We've got a nice roof over our heads as is.

The big issue this week is the half-marathon.  My training got derailed during the baby chaos mentioned above.  My race is this Saturday (13.1 miles), but until this past Sunday, I hadn't run in two and a half weeks.  The good news is that I was able to go just over 8 miles Sunday morning pretty comfortably.  The bad news is that 5 miles short of what I've got to do this weekend.  I took Monday and Tuesday off this week and I hope to do some easy running Wednesday and Thursday as my final prep.  If I can complete the race in under 2.5 hours (my original goal) I will be extremely satisfied.  If I just finish the race, I will still consider it a success.  Wish me luck.

On top of all this, Jameson is the real focus right now.  Since Mom has had to make some lifestyle changes to take care of herself and the twins, it's changed my role with Jameson. The two of us have spent more time than usual together lately and it's been great.  We had to cancel our Labor Day camping plans in the interest of Julie and the twins, but we did get a chance to go up to the campground for a day. To say Jameson and I had an awesome time would be an understatement.  I was having such a great time that I was truly upset to go home that night. Jameson loved it.  We played football, hide-and-seek, tried out our new bike trailer, collected sticks, cooked out, watched a talent show and generally got the most out of our one day at the campground. And after watching all the trouble that the "big boys" could get into, Jameson still hasn't quit talking about Ky-0h (Kyle) and Tent (Trent).  Here are all the pictures from camping.

In the eternity since my last blog the pictures have been building up. Enjoy!

Jameson loves dem suckers.

Quality father-son time catching a movie.  99.9% chance it was "The Incredibles."


Just a couple pictures from the backyard.  Every time we go outside, Jameson begs me to cut the grass.  Once a week is more than enough for me.

This had to be Jameson's favorite part of the day at the campground -- playing catch with dad and cousins Travis and Kyle.

Hide-and-seek isn't Jameson's strong suit since he wants to jump out of his hiding place laughing as soon as he knows you're looking nearby.

Some swing time with Aunt Emmie.


How could he not want to play with the "big boys." I literally had to hold him back.

These bike trailers might possibly be the greatest invention in the history of ever.


And this is just a picture of my wife's latest night stand read. Should I be worried???

No comments: