Aug 27, 2007

The Power of Walt

It was a nice evening. The temperature not too hot, the yard freshly mowed -- the perfect night to enjoy our patio furniture and some hamburgers on the grill. As we finished dinner and the sun began to dip below the tree line, I pointed out to Jameson the beautiful purple and orange streaked sunset.

He replied, "Lion King."

It took me a minute to realize he was referring to the sunset imagery found throughout the movie.

I don't know whether I should be impressed by his 23 month old associative logic or alarmed by the idea that my son thinks one of nature's great wonders comes from Walt Disney.  Sigh.

2 comments:

Chatter said...

It's crazy isn't how they remember this stuff? If we only had the memory they did. I asked Conner where the lid to the blender was (just to make conversation) and he went to a specific cupboard (that I never would have checked) stuck his upper body in and came out with the lid.

p.s. I didn't know belly button sweat even existed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. YUCK.

meagan said...

very impressive, but not as impressive as the fact that his been reading for 3 months....you guys are raising a genius, good job!