Aug 23, 2007

And We Have Twins on the Way?!?!

We went to visit Aunt Meanda (Amanda), Uncle Kevin and new cousin Andersen tonight.  The good news is Jameson was very affectionate and gentle with the three-day old baby.  With the twins only a few months away, that was a good sign that their older brother won't be out to abuse them, at least not initially.  The bad news is that Jameson was a terror in almost every other way.  I'm sure our circus of a visit was just what the sleep deprived new parents needed.  I could just imagine Kevin thinking, "Holy ____.  Is this what we've gotten ourselves into???"  Sorry, guys.  Hope you'll let us come back!  

Sometimes I wonder how we're going to handle two more babies when it seems like we can barely handle our current two-year old.  As tiring as tonight was, Jameson always finds a way to remind me how worth it is to be his dad.  He wanted to hold my hand as we were driving home so I reached back to his car seat to oblige him.  Within minutes, he was sound asleep with my big hand clenched in his two little ones. I can't wait to be a dad times three...

2 comments:

Chatter said...

I know exactly what you mean (regarding, how are we going to manage two; in your case three). I also know about the hand on the lap in the carseat. Crazy at times but so worth it. Have fun w/Andersen.

hoolie said...

You're a really good dad, and I'm sorry I've given you such a hard time lately. Our kids are lucky to have you. love you!